The Library is an integral part of the teaching and learning environment at Mesoyios College (MC).
Its main objective is to provide adequate and quality material to meet the educational needs of both students and academic staff.
In addition to the books, MC College library includes videos, cassettes, CDs, CD-ROMs, internet and a number of magazines corresponding to the academic programs operating at MC College. Every year, many new editions of special books and magazines related to the MC College academic programs are added to the library.
The MC College library works as a reading room and as lending library.
Students and academic staff at MC College have the possibility of free online access to the eLibrary and eBook Academic Collection (EBSCOhost), with which the College has a special agreement. The Electronic Library provides access to Hospitality & Tourism Complete (nearly 500 full text publications and more than 1.4 million records), Business Source Elite (nearly 600 active full-text journals and magazines) and eBook Business Subscription Collection (more than 18,000 business eBooks selected to assist students and scholars with various business research, special project and entrepreneurial needs).
|09:00 – 18:00||09:00 – 18:00||09:00 – 18:00||09:00 – 18:00||09:00 – 18:00|
* The library’s working hours are changed from time to time to better serve the needs of students and academic staff.
For more information you can contact the Librarian: Mrs. Iwona Georgiou
Tel.: 25246401, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computers and Internet Access
MC College has continuous and fast internet access as well as wireless internet access (Wi-Fi). Our students have access to the internet to find information about their studies as well as their personal emails. This feature is provided free of charge to the students. Computers for use by students are available in the Library.
Loan Policy and Procedure
All academic staff and students of MC College have the ability to borrow books from the Library. Students must show their student ID card so they can borrow any material from the Library.
If a student or an academic faculty member wishes to borrow a book borrowed from another person, he/she may retain it through the Librarian.
Students: 14 days
Academic Staff: 1 semester
Renewal of Loan
Book lending can be renewed for another week. Members of the academic staff are entitled to renew book lending for another semester.
Maximum number of books
Students: 3 books
Academic Staff: 5 books
The penalty for late book returns is set at 1 euro per day for each book.
General Book-Lending Rules
- All books have to be returned before the beginning of the examination period, so that all Students can have access to them.
- All books need to be returned to the library before the Easter, Christmas or Summer Holidays.
- It is not allowed to write in Library books or remove any pages from them.
- Books must be returned in the same condition as when loaned.
- If a returned book is damaged, the borrower is obliged to pay for its full value (this includes postages).
- Failure to return a book at the end of the semester will result in the student’s account being placed on hold. The student will owe the price of a new copy of the book and may not be able to register or receive grades or transcripts until books and/or payments have been received.
Rules of behavior in the Library
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.
- No bags are allowed in the library. They must be left on a designated table in full view of the Librarian.
- Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets have to be in silent mode.
- Students should be quiet during their stay in the library.
Loss or destruction
Students and academic staff have to inform the Librarian immediately if any material borrowed from the Library has been lost or damaged. If any books or other material borrowed from the Library have been lost or damaged, the borrower has to pay the cost of replacing them (this includes postages). The book is returned back if it is found.
Photocopying & Printing
Photocopying from books or printing out from electronic books is only allowed to some extent. Students are expected to inquire about the rules at the Librarian’s desk.
Some items not available at MC College Library can be borrowed from the University of Cyprus and/or the Technological University of Cyprus Collections through Interlibrary Loan.
This service has helped to broaden greatly the sources of information available to all our library users.
Interlibrary Loan is available to academic and administrative staff as well as all MC College students. However, although Interlibrary Loan is free for academic and administrative staff there is a charge for all students using this service.
Users wishing to borrow material through Inter Loan need to:
- Visit the library on presentation of their Student ID Card
- Fill in the Application Form provided by the Librarian