There are many factors to consider when choosing your course. One that most students believe is key is how the course they are choosing will affect their future employability. The employability and enterprise team is based in the Mesyios, and has experienced advisers who can speak with you about your course options even before you have started at Mesyios College.
This advice and support continues throughout your time here, and for three years after you graduate. For example, we work with course teams to make sure employability is embedded in your curriculum, we create great online resources, we offer workshops on popular subjects throughout the year, and much more.
Our most successful graduates get relevant work experience right from the start of their course. We can help with this very important element of your study. Please browse the pages in this section for an overview of what we offer to our students and graduates. We hope the page explaining some of the stats and jargon you will see on the course description pages will be helpful to you in your decision-making.
Mesoyios College, taking into account the importance for the graduate to find proper support on the decisions concerning his professional initiation and career, has created the Dynamic Career Center.
The Career Center aims to inform students about their career options and to help exploit commercial opportunities, and strengthen the development of their skills to perform at their maximum potential. In addition, the Centre acts as a link between student job seekers and organizations seeking career candidates.
The Career Center helps undergraduates and graduates in the following ways:
• Collaborates with major companies in Cyprus and helps to ensure internships for students to gain practical knowledge in the chosen field. The programs last from two weeks up to three months. Provide assistance in the drafting of the first CV or upgrade the existing one. It prepares students for their employment interviews.
• Students who are in their final year of study and prepare for the start of their careers after graduation, individual meetings arranged by the experienced staff of Career Centre for advice in relation to the identification, labelling and exploring business opportunities, according to their skills. The staff of the Centre also provide assistance in completing employment applications and, if necessary, make the first contact with the agency that offers job to arrange a visit and interview with interested graduates.
• Organizes seminars, workshops and presentations with topics such as “Technical Writing CV”, “Confidence and Work Conference,” “Academic Writing and Research”, “The Importance of a Positive Attitude in the Workplace”, “Ensuring Work” etc. .
• Inform and update regularly a list of vacancies which publish on the College’s website (www.mesoyios.ac.cy).
• Leading professionals from prominent organizations make presentations on specific issues and advise students on vocational rehabilitation. Some of these seminars are organized in relation to specific courses, in a joint effort to understand the students the variety of choices during their studies or after graduation. Offered free of charge and are open to all students and graduates.
• Organizes every spring the Annual Career Fair, which is an excellent chance of meeting between students / graduates and potential employers. The Fair is participated by companies and organizations aimed at informing students about employment opportunities in their organization, or even to hire graduates directly after interview. The exhibition takes place in the College buildings.
Further, many students want to work alongside their studies or during their summer holidays. The Career Center of Mesoyios College serves as a link between employers interested in recruiting for partial or full-time students looking for work.
For any careers affairs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or
call to Tel :+357 77 77 74 73, Fax:+357 25 82 50 68.